Paula

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Twisting its way in stores

I've been so busy with library visits (I'm exhausted), cheerleading (we were off this week) and life in general, that I literally looked up today and just realized Don't Get It Twisted hits stores next Tuesday.

What the heck? Wasn't it just August, yesterday?!

For the Amazon die-hards, that means the book shall be on its way within days. You have ordered it haven't you? [Insert stern mother hen stare]

It's funny how time works. One minute you're preparing for a book's release, biting your nails worried about things you can't control like its print run, distribution circle and reviews.

The next, it's on shelves and you realize your job was done after that last revision and the book is so on its own, all that worrying could have been better spent doing needlepoint or gaming.

Don't Get It Twisted has always had a special place in my heart. Not to play favorites, but the pacing of the story flowed so naturally, it was practically a gift from my muse to me.

So, I've been especially pleased to get such fierce reaction to the cover. During my library visits and the last book fair, I attended, I had several teens say they knew the story was going to be good based on the cover.

Not sure if it's the orange or that little "Desperate times called for sneaky measures" tag line. But it's working it's mojo, for sure.

I hope so. I've long viewed this book as critical to anchoring my Del Rio Bay Clique series. And psst, remember, Twisted is the last of my eye-popping, graphic covers. After this, my books will go the way of the photo covers. ::sigh:: No fighting City Hall on that one.

But I digress...ironically, while Twisted is the sequel to So Not the Drama, I wrote it as a standalone. So you could read it without having read DRAMA - but umm...why would you?

So, look deeply into the "eyes" of my cover and let that vibrant orange hypnotize you. Then break the seal on that baby and get to reading, because in Don't Get it Twisted, the clique goes through the highs and lows of desire and wanting. For Mina, it's a crush that ends up in a love triangle. For JZ, it's his desire to be the star on the DRB basketball team that forces him to make a choice that could cost him both his spot on the team and a friend.

In this installment, everyone wants something and like the cover says, sometimes desperate times calls for sneaky measures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that new book smell... Congrats on your second installment of your series, Paula!

I wish you many sales. Plus I love that tag line, "Desperate times call for sneaky measures."

--CC

6:05 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I have to give it to the marketing dept at Kensington, they come up with some really cute taglines.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home