Paula

Friday, September 05, 2008

Straight, No Chaser - Melissa Walker

It's Friday. It's Friday. It's Fr-fr-fr-fr-FRIDAY!!!

OMG, can you tell I'm excited that it's Friday?! And it's been a short week, yet still I'm ecstatic.

Tonight is high school football night. Princess A is a JV cheerleader. Yes, I'm quite the proud hen having my baby chick follow in my cheer foot steps. All the cheer haters watch your mouths! Cheerleaders will cut you.

And tomorrow, the U plays the Florida Gators. Go 'Canes!!!

I'm just full of football spirit and ready to watch some hot young guys trounce on other hot young guys. Wooh! NFL spirit...meh, catch me later in the season, closer to Super Bowl.

Speaking of hot people, today's feature is Melissa Walker's Violet in Private . Now you know your girl P is totally addicted to shows about fashion, including the ultimate crack, America's Next Top Model. So I am loving, loving the cover of the first book in the series Violet on the Runway and am not hating the model pose on the latest. And even though Melissa froze like a new model on the catwalk during the Desert Island questions, she was a good sport and played along for the rest.

The buzz on the Violet series:

"Take a peek into a model's life with this hip novel!"
--Teen Magazine

"I couldn't put it down! You're kind of rooting for her to make it big, and kind of rooting for her to just go home before the biz ruins her."
--Glamour

The runway, err, floor is your's Melissa:



Which cliché best describes you as an author?

MW: With the Violet books, I'd say Candace Bushnell Zeitgeist


Complete this sentence: I’m a total….from my BLANK to my BLANK, I could write the book on being BLANK

MW: I'm a total small-town-girl-in-awe-of-NYC. From my missteps with high heels in subway grates to my search for the perfect signature cocktail, I could write the book on being a little fish in a big pond (with big dreams).

Pop Culture References

MW: The Violet series is America 's Next Top Model meets Judy Blume.

If you did an informercial for your book, who would be the perfect celeb to serve as the pitch guy or gal? And why?

MW: Blake Lively from GOSSIP GIRL and SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS would be the perfect Violet pitch girl--she's both down-to-earth real and intensely fabulous.

Stalkerazzi

MW: It's a good thing I'm not a stalker or else Tim Riggins from FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS would be in trouble because I'd follow him around just watching those full lips and soulful eyes brood.

History Lesson

MW: My book started out about a real girl in a glamorous and dark world ended up swirling around a romance between Violet and her best friend from home. He was just too great to resist!

Those Crazy Desert Island Questions

MW: I am HORRIBLE at desert island questions. I think I just can't face choices like that. I'm sorry!

TCL Says: No problem, Melissa. Though the chance to throw an annoying celeb in the middle of nowhere is usually too hard for most to pass up. LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Melissa ROCKS. Nice choice, talking with her. :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Great interview! Fun, fun. :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger sweetmelissa818 said...

No desert island answers? That's too bad, although I have a hard time picking too.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home