Paula

Thursday, May 07, 2009

I'm a Rat with an Island...are you?

I wish writing were easier.

I wish when I sat down to write it was with my kids off to school, my husband off to work and me in a sunny office with six hours of blissful silence ahead of me instead of at nine p.m. after I've worked a full day at my "other" job, made dinner, did the homework/bath thing, managed our household budget and am ass tired.

I wish when I sat down to write, all the exciting plot points and nuances that swam in my head throughout the day while I was at my "other" job would float from my head down my fingers and onto the screen instead of simply floating away.

I rarely get my wish, yet I'm still a rat with an island swimming around and around blindly believing that at some point my little paws will hit land. They've got to hit land. I know that island is around here somewhere.

I'm not so nuts.

Check out what Jenny Cruise wrote about this phenomena, known simply as believing in your dreams enough to block out reality.

Are you a rat with an island?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home