Paula

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Straight, No Chaser...Linda Gerber

Thanks to the internet, I have a lot of writer friends. Most I've never actually met in person. But my girl, Gerb, is among the few I've met. We hung out at Mid-Winter...wow, could it really be that was nearly three years ago?! I guess it was.

She's a good friend who invites me to her cyber launches, even though I'm the perpetual fashionably late gal. Now it's my turn to host her on my blog.

Her Death By... series is a hoot and her latest, Death by Latte sounds like what's going to happen to me if I don't kick this Starbucks habit and fast!



Welcome, Gerb. Domo, for hanging out!


Which cliché best describes you as an author?


LG: Romance Lite Meg Cabot - with a gun

Complete this sentence: I'm a total….from my BLANK to my BLANK, I could write the book on being BLANK

LG: I'm a total procrastinator. From last-minute weight loss plans to frantic writing deadlines, I could write the book on putting things off until the last moment.

Using either television, film or literary references, give us the one or two sentence pitch you'd give film agents:

LG: My Death By series is Veronica Mars meets 24.

If you did an informercial for your book, who would be the perfect celeb to serve as the pitch guy or gal? And why?

LG: Emma Roberts's about the same age as Aphra and she played a sleuth in Nancy Drew.

Complete this sentence: It's a good thing I'm not a stalker or else INSERT NAME OF CELEB MINOR OR MAJOR would be in trouble because

LG: It's a good thing I'm not a stalker or else Tommy O'Haver would be in trouble because I would hunt him down and make him explain how he could ruin a fabulous book like Ella Enchanted by making it into such an asinine movie.

A lot of times, authors start a book with one concept in mind (especially us pantsters) and end up with a totally different story. For your most current book tell us where you story started and ultimately ended.

LG: I had taken a cruise up the inner passage in Alaska and imagined a chase scene down the river in the Denali National Park , but when I started Aphra out in Seattle , she just sort of stayed there. I did get my river scene, but it takes place in the Cascades instead.

You're on a desert island with a cell phone. Miraculously it has two bars and enough battery life to make one three minute call. Who do you call?

LG: Verizon Wireless, but only if they bring all their network guys like on TV. One of them has got to know a way off the island.

TLC Says: LMAO!!

Which celebrity would you like to see put on a bus and dropped in the desert? And why?

LG: Ha! I've never thought about that… maybe Paris Hilton because she's annoying.

TLC Says: So what, I'm the only person who thinks about this constantly? Calling Dr. Phil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home