Paula

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sit on your duffs and read!

I've never been ashamed to admit that I watch quite a bit of trashy TV. I'm unapologetic because my mind is a maelstrom of things to do, books to write, people to see, books to promote, elections to follow etc... I don't want to think about a damned thing when I sit to watch television. And thanks to the amount of mindless stuff out there, mission accomplished!

I've always wondered when us book people would get our day in the sun on the web or television. I mean where are the shows where people form alliances to get a book deal? Huh? Where are those?

Sorry. Anyway, our time has arrived.

Dave Farrow is supporting literacy in our schools by living in a store front on Fifth Ave. throughout October and reading. Yes, reading!

The catch is - he's reading from a Sony Reader. For every page turn, Sony will provide an ebook library of 100 ebook Classics to a school or educational institution.

Sweet!

Check out the Reading Revolution Youtube page and see how you can join the cause and get an ebook library donated to your school of choice.

Warning: The video never loaded for me from the Sony page. But you can see Dave's video blogs at the Youtube page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home