Paula

Thursday, October 02, 2008

We Still Got It!

Back in the day, middle school years, me and my girl Nick started this rap group, Luscious Ladies.

It was the 80's people. Everybody was in a rap group or a crew break dancing.

She was Luscious D and I was Lively P. Her cousin Tiff was in it and another chick...but I forget their rap names.

We were serious, even battled this other group of chicks at a school dance. I don't remember who won. I think I blacked out!

There comes a time when you've gotta hang up your mic, though. So I left the rap game behind after that infamous battle. Then about nine months ago, the hubster decides he wants to remix his Suck My Toe single.

The song only has one line. But I'm like - A remix? Okay, let me get a piece of that.

So I sit down and write two bars of a lyric and we go at it. When I finished he looked at me like - Damn, did you just write that?

Hey, baby, I'm a writer. This is what I do!

So he asked for a few minutes so he could step up his game. And of course, the camera phone comes out to record it for posterity.

I thought Princess A had long deleted the thing from her phone. But you know kids, digital is their life. She keeps digital clutter like my mom still has stories I wrote in the first grade.

So here you go, one night only, P and Ready Teddy, The Suck My Toe Remix.

Def Jam, don't bother calling with a deal. Writing YA is where my heart is.

Haters...don't hate 'cause I still got it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I've wiped my tears and went to the bathroom after all the laughter, I can write.....

OMG!!! Boy did that bring back memories. I mean memories where I had to shake the dust off them. Boy, those were the days!!!

These rappers wish they were as fresh and dope as we is!!!

Two Plus Too till we die!!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I know that's right! You can't tell me my lyrics weren't fi-ya!! LOL

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home